Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Death Barons

5 posters

Go down

Death Barons Empty Death Barons

Post  SeanHiruki Sun Dec 12, 2010 2:39 am

Barons/ Death Barons
1920s New Orleans, a place of Jazz, Fun, Booze, Organized Crime, Voodoo and…Gods?
A group of friends play in a Jazz band called “The Baron”. The band is a smooth front for their gentlemen bootlegging gang. The young men soon meet Sister Midnight, a Voodoo Priestess who introduces them to Gods. The group become the Champions of these gods and gain a female companion/love interest who can shape shift into the chosen god’s signature animal and act as your character’s “sponsor/guardian”
The gods can be one of two choices:
A. The Gods are the Gods of Death from every Pantheon.
B. The Gods are the Loa/ Voodoo Pantheon.
I choose A. because we won’t have to fight over the cool gods.
------------

Name: Gabriel Michaels
Race: Irish-American
God: The Morrigan; Irish Goddess of Death and War
Appearance: Death Barons Commission___tell_me____by_zaphylla
Companian/ Love Interest: Mary
Clothes: Black suit, Fedora
Talents: Trumpet, singing, fist fighting, drinking, charm
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Drink: Rum, Scotch, Beer.
Weapons of choice: Knives, Colt 1911 .45
Personality: Like the others he is a pure gentleman. He would be a ladies’ man if he tried, but he is too honorable to play around. His friends are his family. He treats everyone equally and loves all music. Usually upbeat but known to become angry especially when it involves his family or a woman. He is chivalrous to a fault.
History/ Bio: Orphaned at a young age. Met his lifelong friends a few years later. He was one of the main architects of the band and gang.

Name: Mary Daniels
Race: Irish-African American
Companion to: Gabriel
Animal Form: Crow
Appearance: Death Barons Edit6
Clothing: Black Dresses of different styles
Talents: Information Gathering, fighting, Shape Shifting
Favorite Food: Fish
Favorite Drink: Scotch
Weapons: Daggers
Personality: Suave, Beautiful, intelligent and ready to face any challenge. She can be playful but knows when to be serious. Intelligent to the point of genius. Can hide her true feelings pretty well most of the time.
History: She does not talk about her past at all. She is a mystery.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

https://ratpackrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Death Barons Empty Re: Death Barons

Post  VinoLerrej Fri Dec 24, 2010 11:28 am

((Finished))
Name: Roy Johnson
Race: African American
God: Anubis; Egyptian God of Judgement of the Dead and the Desert
Appearance: Has darker skin.
Companion/Love Interest:
Clothes: White suit, sunglasses
Talents: Singing, dancing, charm, gift-of-gab
Fav. Food: Any form of meat, carrots
Fav. Drink: Gin & Rum
Weapon of choice: M1911 pistol. Thompson Machine Gun, and a few throwing knives
Personality: A playboy ladies man, but still always the gentleman. He would be able to get away with it if he didn't have Natsuko babysitting him.
History/Bio: The main forerunner for the band The Barons, he is seen as the head of the group, but loves to spread the responsibility to the others making them as equally in charge as he; but since he has the all too famous "gift-of-gab" he tends to most of the talking.

Name: Natsuko Kanika
Race: Japanese Egyptian
Companion to: Roy Johnson
Animal Form: Jackal
Appearance: Except with black hair
Clothes: White dress of any style with a black sash.
Talents: Tracking, Fighting, Shape Shifting
Fav. Food: Anything fresh.
Fav. Drink: Red Wine
Weapons: Dual Monster Stilleto Folding Knives
Personality: Protective, gets jealous easy, loves to flirt with Roy
History: Like the other guardians she prefers to keep it a secret until the time comes.

Last edited by VinoLerrej on Sun Dec 26, 2010 11:32 am; edited 4 times in total
VinoLerrej
VinoLerrej

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Fri Dec 24, 2010 1:21 pm

Nice. Should have expected a black Lupin the Third. Though his pistol of choice is the Walther P38. The Colt 1911 is the better choice, though
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  DreamTaker Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:03 pm

I'll need more time... having a hard time coming up with a character ×_×
DreamTaker
DreamTaker

Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Fri Dec 24, 2010 2:06 pm

Take your time, Casket. No need to hurry.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Fri Dec 31, 2010 10:24 pm

Name: Duncan McDowel
Race: Scottish-American
God: Hel, the Norse Goddess of the Dead and the Afterlife
Appearance: Death Barons 4baaebc9d000ee7e593545200fc7bb88c9fcfdeb
Companion/ Love Interest: Fenris (More like bodyguard)
Clothes: Death Barons Sample_d7cc28905c6b2a19cf76c231daacfed7b9171d31 See the big guy? Kindly obscured by the shadows but not really? The suit he's wearing, but not as awesome cause this poor schmuck isn't Nemesis.
Talents: Talents? Um, does screaming count? He does seem to have the innate ability to get himself into trouble, however unwitting, and get out unscathed...or relatively so. Quite good at the bass, so that probably counts for something.
Favorite Food: Oh that's easy! It's ummm, well you see, it's kinda like...well...
Favorite Drink: Cola, hands down.
Weapons of choice: Browning 16-Gauge pump shotgun, and a M1928 Thompson sub-machine gun. Basically, whatever keeps whatever or whomever is trying to kick is ass, as far away from him as possible.
Personality: Duncan has often been designated unstable, and when the chips are down, even cowardly. Generally good natured and hearty, he will be the first to admit...what the hell was Hel think'n when she picked him?
History/ Bio: Whoa, whoa hey! No one ever said this was going to be on the test! Somehow, by the oddest chance, Hel herself deemed his spineless backside to be her champion. Whether this was to be a cosmic joke is to be seen...He is the usually quiet and standoffish bassist for the band.

Name: Fenris
Race: Asgardian Wolf
Companion to: Duncan
Animal Form: Wolf
Appearance: Death Barons A56c4e94c56ee59cb4590ed23b1ccc0276aa1e25
Clothing: Usually furs fashioned in near-barbarionesque fashions reminiscent of Viking styled clothes
Talents: Fighting, hunting....fighting. You know, being the Daughter of Fenrir the Wolf, is there really any question of what her talents are?
Favorite Food: Meat
Favorite Drink: Asgardian Mead
Weapons: Claws, teeth, sheer strength and brutality...maul

Personality: Fenris is brash and blunt, and takes shit from no one. She takes joy in friendly competition, but is highly competitive, and tests many in feats of strength, usually arm-wrestling.

History: Fenris never knew who her mother was, and having her suspicions, nothing ever came up conclusive. As her father was in a bit of a, well, bind, she and her father never had the chance to spend real quality time together, but he taught her to be a wolf as best he could, while the Valkyries trained her as much as they were willing in the ways of armed combat.

While she is considered Duncan's "companion" it's more along the lines of, Thor owed Hel a favor, and Odin, striking an agreement with Fenrir on behalf of Thor, managed to get the Wolf's own daughter to be a bodyguard in Thor's place. The agreement is hitherto undetermined. She keeps Duncan's sorry hide from getting himself killed.

Last edited by Warboss_Spriggs on Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:51 pm; edited 2 times in total
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Tokaga Sat Jan 01, 2011 5:00 am

Tokaga: Flips into action with his reptilian prowess. His slender yet muscular biuld along with high speed lizard agility makes the reptile capable of wielding large weapons and using them at very high speeds.

((I will edit this later ^^.. thank you for you patience))

Death Barons 1256841536.tokaga_free_running_lizard__pants__copy
Tokaga
Tokaga

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 01, 2011 3:22 pm

Warboss, your accepted, excet you need to change your guns. Remember: 1920!. Way to use the Norse Goddess and glad to see you using a dude.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Mon Jan 03, 2011 5:27 pm

Oh, I know, right? It's...weird to say the least, but Vino's right, I have to play one sooner or later.

On a separate note, the weapons have been corrected to a more appropriate time period.
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Tue Jan 04, 2011 12:16 am

Since mankind first awakened, they have been there. They watched and waited and guided. They were the Gods. Among these Gods were a group that had a sad job, that of Death. They ruled death, the dead and the realms in which they resided.
Needless to say, they get bored easily. Every so often, they each choose a champion and assign them a guardian.
The year is now 1920 and the Prohibition Act which outlawed alcohol throughout the United States has started the boom of Organized Crime. New Orleans is one of the major hubs of bootlegging. It is also where these Champions call home.
They are the group known as
DEATH BARONS

The "Hoodoo Voodoo Club" was roaring with fun and excitement. It was a juice joint, or speakeasy. Liquor of every kind flowed like a raging river. Couples danced to the Jazz music and drank their fill. As the song ended a handsome young man in a black suit and matching fedora walked up to the mic, trumpet in hand.
"How are you doin' Dolls and Daddys? You having a ball?!"
There were many cheers. "And how!" a man shouted and everyone laughed.
The man on the mic took his hat off and bowed lightly, "Gabriel is my name and let me introduce my fine pals! THE BARONS!"
The drummer tapped his sticks and the new song began. Gabriel wailed on his trumpet before singing
"From: http://www.musicbabylon.com
Now....Friends let me tell you about this cat that I once met.
Smooth talker...with an export cigarette.
I don't believe I ever saw him without a cocktail in his hand,
and no one swings as hard to the big bad voodoo band.
Now he strolls through the city like a big ol' alley cat
with his pinstripe suit and a big bad voodoo hat.
I don't believe I ever saw him without a kitten on his hand,
and no one swings as hard to the big bad voodoo band.

Hey Mr. Pinstripe Suit.
Hey Mr. Hi De Hi De Ho.
Well I know you got the answers that we all wanna know.
Hey Mr. Wingtip Shoes.
Hey Mr. Always On The Go.
Well I know you got the answers that we all wanna know"

The crowed cheered and hollered and Gabriel bowed again. After a few more sets the band left the stage. Gabriel went to the bar and ordered a dry rum. As he did a goddess of a woman with dark skin walked up to him. She wore a flowing gown, black as crow feathers that fit her curvy form perfectly.
"You're still the cat's meow, daddy" She said, her voice smooth as silk
Gabriel grinned and ordered her a rum for herself. "You are too kind, Mary." He turned to the others, "Shall we head to the back room t' talk business?"

((http://local.aaca.org/bntc/slang/slang.htm Use this site for slang terms. I'm not expecting you to use them all the time, but every so often would be nice. Wanna keep some realism in the rp.))

Last edited by SeanHiruki on Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:19 am; edited 1 time in total
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Tue Jan 04, 2011 1:05 am

Duncan was also headed towards the bar, his extremely odd outfit being met with many stares, making him uncomfortable, "Uh, a cola please." said the nervous bassist, as he tried to calm his nerves, "Got the heebie-jeebies?" asked the bartender, smiling as he slid the glass down to the nervous patron. Duncan jumped as the glass made contact with his hand.

"He isn't hard boiled," came a rough feminine voice from behind the jittery guy. The woman in question sat down beside him, earning stares from the crowd as she did so; she gave the barkeep a glance, "Beat it, Mac. What? Dogs ain't barking?" She asked as the barkeep glared, but backed off.

"Keep it up, Fenris...ain't it enough being a flapper, you gotta make it worse?" asked Duncan from the bottom of his glass, fearful of the girl's reproach, but the girl merely adjusted her fur cloak and tossed back her short sandy hair, "What can I say? I dig the dames! And there ain't a bimbo that can out-muscle me!"

"True." said Duncan, drowning himself in his drink. Fenris nudged his shoulder, "But that doll, Mary; got a nice set of gams." she said, causing Duncan to choke on his drink.
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  DreamTaker Tue Jan 04, 2011 5:27 pm

Name: Rico Soirrab
Race: Black- Puerto Rican
God: Hades- Greek god of the Underworld
Appearance: Death Barons %5Blarge%5D%5BAnimePaper%5Dscans_Katekyo-Hitman-Reborn_mela(0.88)__THISRES__148703 (his skin is darker)
Companian/ Love Interest: Haley
Clothes: Black Business Clothes
Talents: Making Traps, Singing, Interrogation, Drinking, Piano
Favorite Food: Spicy Food
Favorite Drink: Liquor, Wine, Beer.
Weapons of choice: Chains, Beretta 92
Personality: Nice towards females, really nice towards friends, loves to play the piano. A bit cautious towards strangers and very strict when making traps.
History/ Bio: Just your not so regular everyday guy. Had training to interrogate people and was forced to play the piano at age five but soon grew to love it(which he keeps most of his weapons hidden in).

Name: Haley Vileno
Race: Puerto Rican
Companion to: Rico
Animal Form: Cat
Appearance: Death Barons Ringo1
Clothing: Street Clothes
Talents: Shooting, Giving Orders, Remaining Calm
Favorite Food: Steak
Favorite Drink: Wine
Weapons: A Whip, M1911
Personality: Very strict all the time, remains calm under stress, and will not hesitate to kill anyone.
History: She use to be in the military.

DreamTaker
DreamTaker

Taurus Horse

Back to top Go down

Post  VinoLerrej Thu Jan 06, 2011 1:42 am

Roy had been on the dance floor cutting rug with some of the most beautiful women, a few of which were trying to seduce him into going in the back with them.

"Sorry dolls, the banks closed." Roy said as he kissed their hands and headed for the bar.

He overheard Fenris's remark to Duncan about Mary and started laughing. "Hahaha! Come on, now, don't kill the boy while he's trying to calm his nerves."

Natsuko had been using the ladies room, and just entered the bar area, he hips swaying from side to side. "Roy, get me a glass of red wine will you?" She asked as it seemed every man was watching her.

"Sure thing Natskuo, one red wine, and one gin for me." Roy ordered.
VinoLerrej
VinoLerrej

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:34 am

Fenris looked at Roy, "Calm his nerves? The big coward is nothing but nerves," she said, dropping the slang, "Besides, I'll say what I think, if he can't take it...Odin, I wonder why I have to be stuck with him..."

"Aw, come on, Fenris, I'm not that bad..." Said Duncan, finally getting the soda up as he kept his head down and in his drink, trying not to think of what would happen; he knew, as well as Fenris, Roy couldn't outmatch her for strength, so if she said something to piss him off, he'd hurt him! And she'd let him!

"Yes, you are." Fenris deadpanned, glaring at Duncan, "Besides, Mary does have nice legs, and a nice ass, and...well she's sexy, plain and simple." to which Duncan began choking on his drink again. She ignored him and looked at Natsuko, "And speaking of sexy, how are you, beautiful? Having a nice time?" she asked, leaning against the bar.
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  VinoLerrej Sat Jan 08, 2011 12:54 pm

Natsuko smiled at Fenris. "I'm doing fine Fen-Nee-san." She then turned to Roy, as she went to speak the scent of a dozen different women came wafting toward her from Roy. "Rrrrrroooooyyyyy......." Natsuko growled trying to remain calm.

Roy took a swig of his Gin as he looked at Natsuko from the corner of his eye, what he saw almost caused him to choke. "Gah! Cough, cough, cough!" He took a deep breath. "W-what's wrong..cough...with you...cough?"

Natsuko glared daggers at Roy as she slowly tapped her nose. "I smell them Roy, the scent of your hussies." She replied through gritted teeth.

Roy gave a sigh of relief. "Oh, phew, is that all?" He said taking another swig of Gin. "Natsu-baby, since when was me dancing with other women against the rules?"

Natsuko still had her suspicions. "Oh, Duncan dear." Natsuko knew that Duncan was the only one who wouldn't lie to her. "Duncan, is there any measure to what he's saying?" She asked smoothly, yet the look of malice was still in her eyes.
VinoLerrej
VinoLerrej

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:11 pm

Duncan began to panic....she had that look in her eye,"Umm, he was, uh, just dancing...with, almost all of them, and uhh, some were trying to...get him, to, umm, well, kiss them or follow them home, and stuff. He turned them down, and everything, but he was cutting it pretty close...Didn't you have him promise that he'd keep his, ahh, smooth-talking to a minimum?" He said nervously, turning to his cola to avoid any kind of death-glare Roy would give him.

He could never lie to Natsuko....cause she'd hurt him if he did, and he didn't like pain....

"See, babe? He's too smooth for his own good, well, not with me...So why don't you and I spend a little more quality time together?" She said, giving Natsuko a wink, liking her lips seductively.

Duncan in turn began choking on his drink, it's like she was on a mission to get him killed! He'd be lucky if Natsuko or Roy, or both, didn't wallop him one...course they haven't yet, but they might! One of these days, Fenris just might push her flirtations too far...but usually, it was like Natsuko liked the attention...still, that woman would be the death of him.
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  VinoLerrej Sat Jan 08, 2011 5:55 pm

"Thank you Duncan my boy." Roy said with smirk as he raised his glass to the nervous young man. "There you have Natsuko, I am innocent of whatever ill-mannered deeds you thought I had accomplished."

Natsuko looked a little dejected, she had done it yet again. "Well, I guess that's that then..." She said her voice trailing slightly as she picked up her glass of red wine and went to an empty table. No sooner did she sit down a few of her admirers came rushing over.

Roy down the rest of him Gin, then got up straightening his suit, he looked at Fenris out the corner of his eye. "Not a word." Was all he said, he knew Fenris would have scolded his ear off and possibly then some for upsetting Natsuko. "I know what I've got to do." Roy turned and headed over to Natsuko and her admirers. "Excuse gents, but I need to have a word with this little lady."

One of the men moved in front of him before Natsuko could even move. "Well, she don't want to talk to you."
"Yeah, you womanizing git! Get lost, before we make you get lost." Said another.

"Natsuko, listen I..." Roy started before he was cut off by one of the men shoving him back.

"Didn't you hear what us?"
"Get lost!"

"There's no need for this gents, trust me." Roy said trying to compose himself. He took a step forward, but found himself stumbling backwards holding his jaw.

Natsuko and everyone gasped, she was about to get up and rush over to Roy, but he had signaled for her to stay put.

"Now, I was trying to be nice, I was gonna let you guys continue to drool over my lady-friend there, if you would have just given me 2 minutes of her time for me to apologize." Roy began to remove his suit jacket and his tie. "But no, you had to stick you noses where they don't belong, then you had the gall to lay a hand on me." He pulled out a cigarillo and lit it. "Do you have any idea who I am?"

"Yeah, some chump that sing with a chump band in this joint." Laughed one of the men.

Roy started to laugh.

"You guys are in for it. I'm sure you guys have heard tell of "Swift Fist" Johnson?" Asked the bartender as he was cleaning a glass. "Well you've just pissed him off."
VinoLerrej
VinoLerrej

Pisces Cat

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:10 pm

Fenris stood up; she didn't often take up for guys, Roy's shenanigans being one to keep her from doing so for him, but this had gone too far, and while she was aware that he was doing so to get in better graces with, and to apologize to Natsuko, she had had enough of the Masculine Bravado from either sides, "Roy, don't bother with them. You need to do, what you have to do, and I will handle this." she said, pushing Roy back and away from the crowd, as she hefted the guy who had thrown the punch, "Now, now, you need to settle down, all of you, before I make you regret ever coming here."

She then tossed the guy she had in her hands across the room and to the exit, and while the action had a measurable effect on the crowd, she wasn't sure what would happen next...hopefully an all-out brawl, she hadn't had any decent fun in a while...but she looked back at Roy, "I'm serious, Roy, I have this covered." she then looked to Duncan, who had already jumped over the bar, cowering, "And try not to wet yourself...again..."
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Wed Jan 12, 2011 12:52 am

Gabriel let out a long sigh and grabbed the other guy's wrist and twisted it with ease and grace. He glared at the man as he grabbed his collar, recognizing him immediately. "Your one of Terreli's Capos! Tryin' to bump us off, were ya?"
"I don't know from nuttin!" The capo denied.
"Really now?" and at that, Gabriel punched the man square in the kisser and let the man fall to the floor. Gab put his foot on the man to keep him pinned to the ground.
"You fucked up this time, big man. Usually I am a gentleman to all, even rival gangs. But you Terrelis...Your nuthin' but a bunch of thugs. You kill anyone you want, even the innocent. Your barbaric foolishness knows no limits. Now get outa here before I kill ya dead." He kicked the thug one last time before turning to the bar.
"Bacardi! No rocks"

You may find it strange for a mobster to have virtues, but Gabriel has them. He has rules whenever he was out pulling a caper or running his business. No innocent deaths, no drugs and respect other gangs if they deserve it. Those rules led him to survival.

Mary went behind Gabriel and embraced him. "You ain't no fun upset,daddy. There ain't no reason to get upset on account of those rag-a-muffins. Your more hard boiled than that, baby." She understood him well. She knew when he was trying to hide his anger.

Gabriel downed the rum and pored another shot. "I know, Doll." He took a deep breath and down the second glass of rum before turning to his friends. "Well, shall we head to the back?" He said with a grin
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Wed Jan 12, 2011 1:01 am

Duncan tentatively peaked his head up over the counter, ducking back down several times to make sure no one would take pot shot at him, "Are...are they gone?" he asked, his breathing hitched as if he was on the verge of passing out.

Fenris looked back at him, then turned to glare at Gabriel, "Yeah, they're gone...way to wreck to fun. I was just getting anxious!" she growled, letting him know that she didn't appreciate the lack of a good fight. She looked at Mary, the frustration letting up in her eyes, "Babe, I just don't know how you put up with him..."

Duncan looked at Fenris, "Aw, come on! You know the Terreli's don't fight fair! They'd have just gunned ya down!" he said, gulping his soda out of panic...he was still trying to shake it.

Fenris just shook her head, "You wet blanket, have you already forgotten what I did to them in out last run in? I'm amazed they were stupid enough to show up here!"
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down