Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The White Dragon Sanctuary

3 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

The White Dragon Sanctuary - Page 2 Empty Re: The White Dragon Sanctuary

Post  Miss_Fortune Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:16 am

Ash flicked her tail, spreading her whiskers out and jumping from her couch onto Hellboy's. Her curiosity was positively killing her. She HAD to know how this new person would react. Who knows, he might even want to play. The wonderful thing about being an animal is that you are never too old to play.
Kitten? She purred lightly. She liked the sound of that. Perhaps she would keep the nickname.
It is amazing how easily a cat can smirk. It was this expression that she directed at Harry. If she were able to talk, she would have said something along the lines of "Thats because I'm the best." As it was, she settled for a short snarl.

[[writer's block!]]
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:22 am

Hellboy looked over at Ash, "Whoa! What the hell? First a little kitten, now this?" he said, resisting the urge to pet her; he looked back at Harry, "Yeah, well, you'd be surprised at all the things that miss your notice. And I didn't know she could do that." he said, hiking his thumb at the tiger.

"And the Samaritan isn't just any 'boomstick,' it's a big gun with big bullets. I have a whole lot of these big bullets, specifically made to kill whatever needs to be dead. And I'm fire-proof, magic fire included. interestingly enough, that also counts for electricity too." Said Hellboy, taking the last few gulps of his beer, letting out a satisfied sigh. "As fun as it's been, I've been on the road a while, so what's there to do here anyways?"
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:35 am

Ash pulled another quick-change act, returning to the couch she had just left. "Well aside from board games, video games, internet, and TV, there are a variety of choices. There is a sparring area out in the grounds if that is your thing." She sounded slightly hopeful when she said this. "There are caves and old ruins to explore and a lake that is fed by hot springs. It all depends on your mood."
It bothered Ash that there were so few options for her guests. She was always looking for new ideas for the Sanctuary. Like the labrynth. It would be great when it was done... She hoped.
"What type of person are you?" The question held man variables and could be interpreted many different ways.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:43 am

Electronics? Uh-oh. "Uh yeah...Keep anything not made before World War Two away from me. Bad things happen when I'm around electronics. Bad things for the electronics, anyway." I listened to the rest and came up with a great idea. "Caves and Old Ruins, you say? Sounds like something I could use as a lab. If you would permit me, Ash. " Strange... I am not usually this forward hen it comes to favors. Something about this place made me feel like I was back at my apartment. "Oh uh, sorry. Forget what I said. Didn't mean to be so forward and what-not"
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

https://ratpackrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:52 am

"Forward? Kid, that's not forward. Forward is you hitting on her, which you aren't, so you're not being forward." he said, pointing this out to Harry as her turned to Ash, "Now, if you don't mind I believe you said something about sparring, kitten. Which way is that?" he asked, also noting she really perked up when talking about it.

He began stretching, cracking his neck as he awaited a response; he was looking forward to this.
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

The White Dragon Sanctuary - Page 2 Empty

Post  Miss_Fortune Thu Jan 06, 2011 3:04 am

Ash chuckled. It was a sweet sound reminiscent of honey. "Don't worry. Unless we piss you off, the electronics are a safe distance away. As for setting up a lab, I'm fine with it as long as you can help protect the Sanctuary in times of crisis. But be careful in the ruins at night. Something unfriendly has been trying to stake a claim to the territory recently." She moved a fold in the hem of her dress to display a healing gash across the side of her thigh. She covered it quickly, realizing too late that such a gesture could be misinterpreted. She turned her attention back to Hellboy.
"Follow me." She said to both men, letting her trademark smile play across her lips. She stood and led the way out the sliding glass door to the patio. The moon was out tonight and snow was just beginning to fall.
She shifted to her tiger form immediately in order to fight off the cold. The thick fur worked wonders for her as she ambled down the winding path to the training grounds.

The training grounds had everything a fighter could ask for. All kinds of terrain from jagged rocks to dense woods to fine sand were available. A building containing showers, a gym, and a small armory stood off to the left of the path. Ash sat and waited for the other two to catch up.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Thu Jan 06, 2011 2:56 pm

I smiled warmly at Ash. "Thank you. I will gladly protect this Sanctuary." Ash showed a gash on her thigh as she explained the dangers of the ruins and a grimaced slightly. My scars began to ache as they remembered how they came to be. I rubbed my left hand, which was still scarred with burn from a Black Court Vampire's flamethrower. "I understand." I didn't mention that I was used to danger and near death. Didn't seem right to bring up.
I finished my coffee as the to went two see the training grounds. I didn't follow them. I could check out the grounds later.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 6:49 pm

It was quiet in the main room of the sanctuary. A slight figure opened the front door and let herself in. She stopped for a moment just inside and looked around, getting accustomed to the lighting in the room. The fire had gone out which meant that Ash wasn't in.

Eleanor crossed the darkened room and placed a log in the fireplace. It burst into cheerful flames at her touch and she smiled as the blue tongue of fire tickled her hand. The feeling was pleasant to her. The young woman crossed the room to the bar, pulling out a wine glass and pouring herself a small amount of sangria. She glanced around the room and then downed it. The 18 year old wasn't supposed to be drinking alcohol yet, after all... But then again... Who was counting? She could always say she was older.

The White Dragon Sanctuary - Page 2 792062b90eb1ce56cd8da5843e8afac7911884d9
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:31 pm

A pretty young girl who could be no older than 18 walked into the inn. I watched her step into the bar and got herself a drink of some alcohol, couldn't see the label so I dunno what it was exactly. Wine or something. I stood up and walked over to her. "You know, miss, It isn't polite to help yourself when the owner isn't about. " I said in the politest tone I could conjure.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 7:42 pm

Eleanor looked the stranger up and down. "I work here. Hence my re-lighting the fire before I came and got a drink." She said, slightly amused at the stranger's approach. She automatically analyzed the situation. "You don't have a room here. Haven't showered or shaved recently, by the looks of it... Would you like one?" She asked, reaching under the counter and pulling out a key. She sipped the last of her wine slowly and set the empty glass on the counter. It was an indirect challenge.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:08 pm

I frowned at her comment on my appearance. I rubbed my chin with my right hand and....Hells Bells she was right. I need a shave. "...Right...Yeah I guess you got a point. Name's Harry Dresden. I'll just have a beer, nothing special." Hell no beer will be as good as McAnally's home brewed beer, but I didn't have much choice. I had caught her challenge, but I didn't feel like trying to out drink anybody. "And your right" I continued, "I don't have a room. Ash is letting me use the caves for a lab and the ruins i'll be using to blast my magic when the need arises or test out a potion just in case things get all explodey, though. In return I'll protect this place with my life."
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 8:45 pm

"Whatever you do, don't damage the ruins. Or the caves for that matter. Ash likes to go hunting in those areas." She said softly. She removed the wine glass when he didn't challenge her age. No point in pressing the matter. She counted it as a win though as she retrieved a random bottle of beer from the chill cabinet and passed it over to the man across the counter, careful not to look him in the eye. The last thing she needed was to see into this stranger's soul. After all, many people who appeared strong willed crumpled under the intensity of a soul gaze.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:10 pm

"I'll try not to." I said, reassuringly. I was not making any promises though. She as avoiding my eyes as much as I avoided hers. Could she know about Soul Gazing? It was possible. Plenty knew about it. I took a swig of the random beer and decided it was indeed no McAnallys, but it as not bad. After a few moments I decided to strike up a conversation. "You never told me your name, Miss barkeep." Hell it was a good start, I guess.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 9:45 pm

She looked up at his face, almost at his eyes. "I don't really tell people my name. Its a bit risky since I have a few enemies." She wasn't about to mention the run-in she had had with the vampire court. Or the trouble she had been causing recently. She had a feeling that this person in front of her was a magic user. She could feel his aura and it made her feel greasy. He had too much power for her taste. And there was something about it... "Call me Mouse, Mr...."
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:02 pm

"Dresden, Harry Dresden" I said again. "Understandable, but I won't call you mouse. I got a dog with the same name, you see. Doesn't seem right to call a girl that." Call me old fashioned, but I like being a gentleman. I took another sip of the beer and sighed. "and you arn't an enemy of mine so you don't have to be so worried and tensed." Not the most reassuring thing in the world to say, sure. But this girl was acting a little too nervous for me to feel comfortable.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 10:28 pm

"Dresden?" She lowered her voice. "Harry Copperstone Dresden?" She repeated the question, a slight glint in her eye as she pronounced it exactly the way he would. "Did they send you after me?" She plunked another bottle of beer on the table with a playful smile. "Why don't you just tell me that last name so we can get it over with?" She added.

This man's presence was putting her on he edge and causing her to act without planning. She was making threats way too quickly. She pulled a root beer out of the chiller and downed it, using it as an excuse to calm down.

[[sorry for the delay. Watching a show with Galen. ^^]]
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:05 pm

I laughed abruptly. Copperstone?! "AHAHAHAHA!!! N-nono!" I tried to speak but it was damn hard. "No..." I sighed after I finished my laugh. "No, it's Harry Blackstone Copperfield Dresden. My father named my after three famous stage magicians: Harry Houdini, Harry Blackstone, Sr., and David Copperfield." I chuckled a little more as I reached for the new beer. Usually I don't give my full name to strangers, never know if they will use it for evil. Having someone's full name can give you the power to do alot of bad to that person. But I made an exception for her, because I could most likely trust her, being Ash's friend and all.
"And no one sent me. I gave you my full name because I trust you not to give it out to demons or something."
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:29 pm

Eleanor sighed. Now she felt she owed him something. She turned her back on him, examining his reflection in the glass of a wine bottle. "Eleanor. You have made a mistake in trusting me, Mr. Dresden." She said as she rekindled the dying fire and re-lit the candles around the room. It was insanely simple magic and hardly took any concentration. "Now I can use it to keep you on my side if all hell breaks loose." BlackSTONE copperFIELD. She committed the words to memory, silently cursing the demon she had traded one of her own names with for the information.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:47 pm

I slurped the beer loudly to show her that the light show and her words had no effect on me. "We'll see, Eleanor." She was putting of a very bully-ish aura. I hate bullies. "Just to let you know, Eli, I also happened to be apart of the White Council of Wizards. Usually I don't mention that, but I just wanted to let you know the people you would be dealing with if you sold my name to a Hell-Spawn." Not to mention the Knights of the Cross, The Alphas and the Grey Council. "OH! And did I mention Odin owes me a favor?" It wasn't a threat, I just wanted her to know not to do anything foolish with my name because that would land her into a big pile of unwanted enemies from Wizards to the Queen of Unseelie (Winter fairies) Mab herself. Yes, THAT Queen Mab. One of the few beings that the Gods themselves don't want to mess with.
"Iluminos" I sighed dully and the candle flames burst brighter. Easy magic. SPOOOOKY
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sat Jan 08, 2011 11:53 pm

Eleanor sighed. Days like this pissed her off royally. Another bigshot magic user making the assumption that she was trying to show off. And yet they always seemed to feel the need to stoop to the level of showing of in response. This was too much crap. How much longer would she have to keep running? "If you haven't noticed, I've been backed into a corner. I'll do whatever it takes." She didn't add 'to protect my family.' She didn't want to talk to this somehow extremely annoying wizard.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:09 am

I cocked a warm smile at that and the candle flames went back to normal, "Believe me, I know how you feel." My smile faded when I thought of Susan Rodriguez. Susan was the mother of my only child and half vampire. Our daughter had been kidnapped by the Red Court of Vampires and would be used in a ritual that resulted in killing everyone in her bloodline including Susan, myself and Ebanizer Macoy my grandfather. The only way we could stop them at the time was for me to use the dagger on Susan and initiating the ritual on every Red Court vamp in the world. I sacrificed the woman I loved and killed the entire Red Court, saving my daughter. But I had murdered the mother of my child....I would never forgive myself for that.
"I have been in situations like that many times before. Made deals with beings I shouldn't have, fought monsters that could have killed me more times than I care to count. Sure I got to ride a Zombie T-Rex once, but that kind of thing doesn't happen often...By that I mean savor the good times....and like I said; Odin owes me a favor, so I could see if he can help you out"
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:21 am

Eleanor was quiet for a long time. She weighed her options carefully. "Why should I trust you, wizard?" She asked, sounding the last word out with malice. "It was a wizard that put me in this trouble in the first place." She turned away once again and could feel how tired she was getting. She turned back with a tear running down her face. "What I would like is one night that I don't have to stay awake. What I would like is five minutes of rest for once."

She took the bottle and smashed it on the counter, watching the reflection of firelight in the glass. The brown tones were cold and indifferent, like so many other things.
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:33 am

"I can give you that" I said confidently. "I protect this place anyway,no trouble keeping you from harm while you sleep." i raised two fingers and muttered a word in Latin. The bottle she had smashed reformed itself . I went over and picked it up to throw away. After I did so I turned back to her, "Unlike most Wizards, I don't use magic for personal gain. Magic should only be used to protect others who cannot protect themselves." I spoke the words from my heart. By pure accident I looked into her eyes and BOOM....well ok, no boom really. But in a flash she saw my soul. She now knew my pains, my scars, my loved ones and my ideals. She knew how much I had suffered and I know knew how she suffered.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Miss_Fortune Sun Jan 09, 2011 12:52 am

Eleanor stepped back from the soul gaze, closing her eyes and shielding them. And now this unwelcome wizard had seen her soul. She felt violated. She called the bottle out of the trash can and placed it in the recycling by hand. "Look. I'm a big girl. I can deal with a bottle by myself." She snapped. The sound of her voice resonated through the room and the fire flared. There was a long silence before she finally got control of herself.

"This has been a bad introduction. Why don't we try again?"
Miss_Fortune
Miss_Fortune

Virgo Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sun Jan 09, 2011 1:06 am

As soon as the Soul gaze finished, I looked away. "I'm sorry....I didn't mean to." I watched as she threw the bottle away on her own and kept silent as she scolded me. I should really stop being a gentlemen all the time. Yeah like that'll ever happen. I sighed in relief as she declared a re-introduction. I smiled warmly and held my hand out to shake. "Harry Dresden, glad to meet you"
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next