Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP

4 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP

Post  SeanHiruki Wed Feb 23, 2011 1:12 am

Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP - Page 2 Jet_li_is_the_monkey_king
Heh Forbidden Kingdom. Jet Li= Best Sun Wukong ever.
Accepted. Though what is with the Yakuza wearing masks? I was thinking of a more realistic Yojimbo style. Ah well. Makes things interesting. Start tomorrow.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

https://ratpackrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP - Page 2 Empty Re: Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP

Post  Cracklord Wed Feb 23, 2011 2:31 am

To be honest? Well my guys are wearing masks because this is very much an over the top tribute to martial art and samurai movies, and in the B-grade movies the bad guys tend to wear masks to conceal the fact that the extras are all the same couple of guys.

And the best monkey ever looked like this.
Fistfull of Katana: a Samurai RP - Page 2 Monkey
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:52 am

You're one short in your Yakuza. Unacceptable.

Also, I feel this game is missing a martial arts school with an elderly sensei, but easy come easy go.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Wed Feb 23, 2011 5:49 pm

It is a medium sized village with no name. It smells of plums like it does every spring before this one. Though unlike those peaceful springs, this year there was nothing but gang warfare. Two Yakuza, Soyokaze-Kai and Kobezuna-Kai are contantly fighting for control of the village for it's value as an Inn town and farmland.
It was then, on an unassuming spring day that a small group of warriors met.

A lone man walked into the town. By the swords on his hip and the state of his clothes, he was obviously a rurouni. He walked straight to the building marked as the tavern/inn. He took a seat at the nearest table, taking out his sheathed katana and placing it next to him.
"Sake"

---------------
Makoto sat in the tavern, holding her Shamisen. She strummed the three strings lightly and she began to sing. Her voice was beautiful and smooth as silk. The first song was slow and mellow, the second was upbeat and left everyone with a good feeling in their hearts. After the setlist, she put her shamisen back in it's wrappings.
"Tea please. Thank You" She said softly when she got back to her table.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed Feb 23, 2011 7:41 pm

Cao Fei
A big man looks up from where he sits. He found the music of these savages to be little more then the bleating of animals, jangling, discordant and without order, certainly not suitable for his refined ears, or for anyone who had ever heard better. He tolerated it, but found it was impossible to ignore, or to find inner serenity with the music pricking at his conscious.
Narrowing his eyes, he takes his bowl and finishes his tea, then stands up and makes for the stairs. The noise was giving him a headache.

Kobezuna Clan
As the Ruroni steps into the tea house, one of the serving women excuses herself and disappears out the back door. The owner would be most interested in this new arrival.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac Thu Feb 24, 2011 4:57 pm

G.S.D.

The villagers eyed the bald old man as he walked down the streets. The horrible burn on his left arm was hideous, yet his cloak was turned so it only covered his right half. On his hip sat a katana while a second katana, a zanbato, a chokuto, and a tambo all sat on his back. This was probably the most interesting fact about him, other than the fact that he wore a separate blindfold over each eye. Although they whispered as they commented on his appearance, he still heard them. Giving a grunt he turned and walked into the tavern. He sat down at a table and waited. When someone approached to see what he wanted, he spoke before they could ask. "Something with alcohol in it. I don't really care what."
Hiromaniac
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

http://www.gaiaonline.com/profiles/4322895

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Thu Feb 24, 2011 10:33 pm

Sanjuro grinned as he looked around the tavern and took swigs of sake. A Chinaman, A man who seemed to be blind(or at least was hiding his eyes for some reason) and a goze who carried a cane even though she was not blind. "Interesting..." He purred in a low volume. Something in the back of his mind, which he presumed was his warrior's intuition, told him that they were fellow warriors.
"Oi" He beckoned the old tavern owner over to him. "I wanna ask you a few questions about this village."

---------------
Makoto drank her tea in silence as she glanced at the other customers. She noticed that the Chinese samurai did not like her music. How heartbreaking. Maybe he spoke some Japanese. He would not survive long if he couldn't, after all. And anyway, he might be able to stunt her boredom for awhile.
"Ohaiyo, Ming-Sama." She greeted him warmly as she sat across from him. Because she did not know his name, she referred to him by his Country's Dynasty.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Fri Feb 25, 2011 8:11 am

Cao Fei

The Chinese warrior turns to stare at the stranger, his narrow dark eyes narrowing still further beneath his startling brows, but does not say a word. The woman (it took him a moment to determine her gender, and he was all but scandalized) wears the robes of this lands warriors, and has a sword at her hip, and a confidence to match, an unconscious swagger when she walked, and a surety about her that peasants lacked, or even the other women, who carried themselves with an appropriate meekness.

A savage, like all in this land. He could barely stand it. Such inelegant designs! For a people claiming to be an advanced civilization under heaven, they were shockingly primitive. Nothing at all when set against the wonders of the celestial kingdom.

The land itself was beautiful, but the people who dwelled upon it were less so.

He was but the devoted son of an imperial functionary, and he grew to manhood in a sun-kissed palace of jade, gold and ebony, glittering fountains and triumphant arches that enclosed places of such beauty that they could move a man to tears.

Where the rulers of this land lived in hovels scarcely more then this common tea house
He stared at a paper sliding door, his hands inches from it. It was decorated with exquisite images picked out in blue ink. The artist had skillfully rendered a man and a woman drinking tea at a low table in a bamboo framed home. Somewhat uninspired and without depth, but passable he supposed. The brushwork was flawless and the detail incredible.

There were many such pieces. And not one merited more then a passing glance to his thinking. Alike his home, and yet unalike.

But it would be safe here. And if it meant a hundred years exile to any land, no matter how desolate, it was his duty under heaven to complete it. A man did what he could, until destiny revealed itself.

Realizing he had held silent far too long for courtesy, he turned, and inclined his head slightly, his gaze not leaving hers. "Hajimemashite. O-genki desu ka? Watashi no namae wa Cao Fei.*" He replies, in horribly accented but perfectly understandable Japanese. He hadlearned the language before crossing the ocean. He knew he might be here for a long time, and had best get settled.

* Pleasure to meet you. How are you? My name is Cao Fei.

Kobezuna Clan

Six men made their way to the tea house, swaggering as they walked, each dressed in a black gi, and armored beneath it in iron scales sewn to leather. The clan wore masks in the image of oni to conceal their identities. You never knew who might be an informer, a member or how many there truly were, giving them a powerful psychological effect on their enemies. But they wore no masks now.

In truth, there were barely ninety of them in a province of thousands. Any ten men who knew what they were doing could decimate their ranks, and all but wipe them out. But it was fear tactics like this, carefully cultivated illusions of omnipresence and infallibility, misdirection and other such tricks that kept this from being readily apparent.

As a shepherd is at the mercy of his flock should they unite against him, so is the clan. They were far more vulnerable then they liked to pretend.

The man stopped at the entrance to the teahouse, fanning around. All of them were armed, though for the moment they were not making threatening movements. None of the weapons were, strictly speaking, honorable, but the majority were simply well-trained thugs in costumes, used to not having to fight, and using numbers to overwhelm a strong opponent. The leader was one of the few otherwise, a soldier who had been a houseguard and fought a long time before finally being dismissed from service. He held a Nagamaki in both his hands, while the two guards closest to him held a Sodegarami and Kusari-gama. The others held a mix of conventional swords of differing lengths and weights, all of which conspired to give a sufficiently skilled-swordsman pause. the fact each would use a different style was a challenge to keep track of, meaning anybody strong enough to beat six at a time would be at an even greater disadvantage then normal.

The leader looked to his men, set his shoulders, then forced open the door.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac Fri Feb 25, 2011 2:29 pm

G.S.D.

As he waited for his beverage, G.S.D. listened to the happenings in the tavern. The shamisen player had stopped her music started conversing with some Chinaman. Though what caught his attention was the faint jingle of a chain outside the tavern. It was accompanied by the sound of about a half dozen footsteps strutting to the entrance and growing silent. Having not been in town that long, he didn't want to get kicked out already so he grabbed his kanabo and stood up. When the door opened, he was in the doorway taking a swing at the first person to enter.

((Sorry, got my blunt weapons mixed up. He has a kanabo, not a tambo.))
Hiromaniac
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Feb 26, 2011 12:18 am

((She does not wear a sword on her hip. Her sword is hidden as a walking stick, and is used as such. Far as Cao knows, she has no weapon.))
Makoto
Oh ho, so he CAN speak Japanese. His accent was thick, but she could still understand him perfectly. Makoto smiled warmly at the man. "Well, Cao-sama, You may call me Makoto. I am but a humble traveling shamisen player. It is very rare to see Ming Warriors such as yourself in this part of Japan, my lord. Might I inquire why you have conversed so far into our beautiful country?" Her voice was gentle and beautiful, her tone gracious and respectful. She dared not upset the giant man. Though, it was not the size of him or his weapons that worried the ronin/goze, for she knows she can take down many men of similar size. It was his warrior's presence that made her cautious. She could tell he was a samurai...or whatever the Ming called their warriors...of amazing skill.

Sanjuro
"Yare yare" Sanjuro sighed loudly after the owner told him of the town's situation. "Two yakuza fighting for territory, eh? Sounds like fun!" He took another swig, finishing off the sake. "I think I'll go and join one of them!! AHAHA!"
The wanderer stood up and placed one gold ryo on the table, "Keep the change, old timer." He put his katana back into his sash. As he did so, a large group of masked men stormed into the tavern. "The hell?" Sanjuro walked in front of them.
"You guys supposed to be actors or somethin'? Looks like it might be a good play, but your masks might scare the kids, ya know?"
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:19 am

Cao Fei

It would be impolite to refuse to answer her. However, secrecy was off paramount importance as long as he was here. His direct mind found itself at an impasse, and, lacking the subtly or ability for misdirection that it needed here, he simply said "A matter of the honor of me and my clan."

His hand went to his blade as the six men barged in, but he released it, with some effort. It would be best if he did not fight where it did not concern him. Instead he sits back down, at a fresh table, and gestures to the seat across.

Kobezuna Clan

The leader staggered back, choking as the blind man's wild swing takes him in the throat, leaving him gasping desperately for air. It's almost a minute before he gets to his feet, leaning on his blade for support and making hacking and wheezing noises.
"K-k=k...Kill th... them." He forces out, swaying from side to side as he does so. His men ready their weapons, but none seem ready to be the next into that teahouse.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac Sun Feb 27, 2011 2:25 am

G.S.D.

He laughed as the man gasped for breath. "Just be happy I didn't use a blade!" He pointed his studded club at them. "Don't be shy now. Come have some tea. If you land a blow then I'll buy you a cup."
Hiromaniac
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Sun Feb 27, 2011 10:07 pm

Kim Soon-shin
He was still dressed in his armor, dusty and caked with sweat from travel and hard riding, hungry and in need of a drink, a soft bed with someone to warm it, and a bath, not necessarily in that order. He dismounts at the edge, and leads his horse down the deserted street by the bridle, his free hand swinging by his side.

He is somewhat chafed along the inside of his legs, and finds walking a pain, so he bows his legs a little, which eases it a bit. Truly he needed a rest, this was growing wearisome. So focused was he on his own plight he didn't even notice the six men in black surround him, five of them wearing masks.

Hotaru Soyokaze
"Look at the duck man." Aoshi's son jeered, referring to the bow legged waddle Kim was walking in. It wasn't particularly funny, but the bully boys laughed anyway, shouldering their weapons as they did. He stuck his hands in his belt and leaned forward. "Looking for a pond, Duck man?"

Kim Soon-shin
Affecting bemused nonchalance, Kim stares at the man, looking him up and down, then looked at his men. "I am many things, a writer of poetry, a lover of women, a warrior of some distinction, a fair weapon-smith and horseman, and gifted with superior looks and intellect, but I can assure you I am no bird, least of all a duck. Who, perchance, are you?" His flowery language does not translate well, explaining his odd turn of phrase, though his Japanese is smooth and flawless.

Hotaru Soyokaze
"I am Soyokaze. Hotaru Soyokaze. Aoshi's son." He adds unnecesarily. "And if I say you are a duck, then you're a duck. Shingen?" The big, thick limbed figure beside him grunts in acknowledgement. "Teach the duck to lower his beak when his betters pass."

Kim Soon-shin
"I have little interest in brawling with you, so-" He dances out of the way of the big mans grasping hand, then draws his sword in the same fluid motion, hacking it off at the wrist. As the big man stares at the stump in confusion, to shocked to feel pain, Kim strikes twice more, opening his stomack then throat, stepping out of the way of his collapsing body. "...well nevermind." He notes, cleaning his sword fastidiously then replacing it.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Mon Feb 28, 2011 8:15 am

Sanjuro
What a crazy old man! "No need to hog the fun, old timer." He told him before issuing a swift kick to the sternum of the group's leader. He then drew his katana as he walked out to face the others. "How rude! Why I am so offended that I am going to join the other clan! What clan are you anyway? Eh Matters not, you will all be dead in a minute anyway. Now come and attack!"

Makoto
Makoto sighed as she sat in the new seat across from Cao Pi. "It would seem this village has its own shore of troubles. Never seen Yakuza with oni masks before. But I suppose if you don't want the shogun's dogs to see your face, it is not a bad idea"
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun Mar 06, 2011 6:16 pm

Yakuza
"Old fool!" He yells, and charges the blind man, his sword held above his head, the intent to kill clear in every line of his features. His men spread out, loosening their weapons, and step in front of Sanjuro. "Keep out of this." One declares. "And put that sword down, or there will be two now jobs for the coffin maker."

Cao Fei
"They hide their identities and their numbers. They make themselves seem mysterious and fearsome. It is a good strategy. Whoever started this is a dangerous man." He still hasn't acted himself, though his shoulder muscles are bunched and strained, his knuckles are white and gripping the edge of the table hard enough to make the wood creak, and his eyes are narrowed.

Law should not be flaunted so! Nearly every fiber of his being demands his intervention. Only that the lands are not his keep him from lashing out.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:00 pm

G.S.D.

"Hah!" The old man was faster than he looked. He spun around and took a swing at the charging man's kneecap. His accuracy was amazing for not being able to see. "No tea for you!"
Hiromaniac
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun Mar 06, 2011 8:46 pm

Yakuza
By luck as much as skill, he mannaged to turn his leg so that it bent instead of breaking, sending him to his knees. With a frustrated sound he lashes with his blade in a clumsy but dangerous blow.
It's fairly clear to the far more skilled men in the tea house that the man has little actual skill with a blade beyond bullying and brute force. He lacks the patience, calm and training of a true swordsman, and what danger he does have is more a matter of his stregnth and brutality.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sun Mar 06, 2011 10:35 pm

Sanjuro
"Worry not, I will make sure he makes enough coffins for you all!" Sanjuro grinned as he shrugged his shoulders back. These punks will be easy to deal with, and from the sound of it the old man is holding his own inside. Sanjuro put both hands on his katana handle and got into a strong stance that let him make fluid and deadly movements in an instant. He waited for the first masked yakuza to lose his patience and attack.

Makoto
Makoto nodded at Cao's statement. "Agreed" she said simply. She could tell by the look in his eyes that Cao wanted to join the fray. Hell, she did too. But doing so would betray the image she worked so hard to keep. For now the two of them would have to let the ronin and the old man handle the gangsters. "5 Ryo says the two upstarts win" She smiled.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Hiromaniac Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:21 pm

G.S.D.

The old man simply held the kanabo in the way of the sword. "Kill them if you want. I don't want to be liable for any deaths so soon after coming into town." He kicked at the man on the ground softly. "What're you here for, anyway?" He seemed to be oblivious to the fact that others were with the downed man. Either that or he hadn't cared about them since they hadn't made a move on him.
Hiromaniac
Hiromaniac

Leo Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:30 pm

Hotaru Soyokaze
There is a drawn out, shocked silence, as they look at the corpse of their companion, hardly able to believe what happened. Hotaru begins breathing heavily, fear fanning the flames of his anger, and his self control suffering from the blow to his pride. He does not like to be defied. Not at all.

"Kill him!" He yells, drawing his sword and pointing it at the Korean soldier. His men hasten to obey, perhaps unwisely.

Kim Soon-shin
"This is beneath me. In the 'civilized world we do not go brawling like -" He spins, his blade flashing, and the first of the men falls to the ground, blood pooling around him, dead before he even realized it. " -wild dogs at the slightest provoction. To think that -" He ducks a wild swing and pushes up, impaling another of the men, then rips out his sword, leaving the man to slump to the ground and throws the blade as hard as he can, errupting into the man's neck. The fight had taken barely eight seconds.

"- this is the best hospitality I have recieved since I came here." He finishes, crossing the distance between him and Hotaru, drawing his sword as he walked, kicking the blade out of the boys hand, then places the paper edge on his neck.

For a moment, their eyes met, and the boy realized that for all the man's foppish and somewhat comically effete exterior, he was dangerous indeed, lethal as the swords he carried. He realized his life was hung in the ballence, and he was totally at this man's mercy. The man had no repect for his families influence, would not be moved by pleas or fear of retribution. He was totally at the mercy of the whims of this man.

"Get out of here." The Kim hissed, removing his sword, then pushed past him, continuing on to the stay house he saw ahead, leading his horse behind him.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun Mar 06, 2011 11:45 pm

Yakuza
He lets out a sigh as the foot connects with his kidney, and his world collapses into a private universe of pain. The others are unsure whether they should focus on the blind man or the cheerful newcomer.
Then one strikes, whirling his Kursi-gama around his head to add as much momentum as he can, then releasing it at the ruroni. Idealy, it will wrap around his neck and kill him. But he'd be just as happy if the Ruroni tries to block, and gets his sword entrapped.

Cao Fei
In answer, he reaches into his robe, rummages around for an instant against his chest, then withdraws it and tosses her a pouch of coins, not taking his eyes off the fight. "I would say it is a resigned conclusion. Perhaps, if they were lucky, those five could defeat one or the other." He pauses. "But not both."
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed Mar 09, 2011 10:15 pm

Masaru Soyokaze
Hotaru Soyokaze pushes past two burly, shaven-headed, silent guards in black robes and bursts through the door, almost bumping into his uncle. The old man glares at him, which seems to make the braggart wilt in on himself a little, shrinking and losing his momentum.
"Speak." He says, his glare not losing one iota of power.
"Reverend uncle, we were attacked."
"How many of them were their?"
He swallows. He had decided early on that it would be best to attribute it to the Kobezuna clan, there was very nearly open war already, this wouldn't seem unexpected, and they wouldn't be overly suspicious. In fact, if he was careful he might even be able to make himself out as a hero. But in his uncles glare, he found himself unable to do more then sustain the lie. "One, uncle."
"Just one?" He doesn't do more then raise an eyebrow, but he might as well have slapped Masaru for all the power it had. "That is a problem. We will have to be seen to react strongly, or we will encourage our enemies. If we are seen to be weak..." He pauses, seemingly lost in thought.
Hotaru waits for his uncle to continue, and when he doesn't he just stands there awkwardly, until he can't stand it any longer. "Uncle...?"
"Silence." He says, then stands up. "We shall talk. For now, wait. Your brother and i are going to try and solve this mess you created."

Kim Soon-shin
In a teahouse across the town from the one at the site of the volence, he books a room, a bath, and stables his horse, then scrubs his skin and washes the dirt off as was the custom of these people, then, when he is clean, sinks into the boiling hot water, luxuriating in the decadent warmth. Maybe they weren't so bad afterall, he could alrady feel his aches and pains vanishing.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum