Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
industrious
Cracklord
SeanHiruki
7 posters

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 6 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Colesign Mon May 02, 2011 9:27 pm

Wow....that was....passionate.

...even compared to the time where I (justifiably*) pissed you off by stopping the Oghru Jahad with Mary Poppins, that was pretty passionate.

*by which I meant you were justified in your wrothfulness, not that I was justified in 'wroth-ing' you.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 6 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Cracklord Mon May 02, 2011 11:45 pm

Colesign wrote:Wow....that was....passionate.

...even compared to the time where I (justifiably*) pissed you off by stopping the Oghru Jahad with Mary Poppins, that was pretty passionate.

I invented the Twilight lynching. Ask yourself, is that the actions of a stable man?

And I was angry at you for that, because, in that moment, we were no better then Twilight. The crappy end of Breaking Dawn where the problem is effortlessly resolved, and the set-up is all wasted? That's exactly what we did. A blatant Deus Ex Machina, that really didn't fit the story at all.
But Twilight has no potential.

In contrast, Jim Butcher does. So it's sadder to watch him go this way.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 12:00 am

Meh. I just have fun with it. It's not great literature, and hardly the best of urban fantasy, but it's enjoyable enough to be worth reading.
Though by the same token, I don't take it too seriously either.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue May 03, 2011 12:08 am

Well then, let's try to make this story as logically consistent as possible. For all of our sakes.

That's partially why one of my characters is home made, and a Badass Normal disguised as a Badass Abnormal: I'm trying to go at it from the street level, showing how more humble, out of the loop minor Talents, Hedge Witches, and other members of the Occult Community deal with all the crazy shit Dresden and Company get up to.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 03, 2011 12:14 am

Sanya is not normal. The knights of the cross are not normal. Take what Michael does in Small Favor.
But yeah, I can appreciate that.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue May 03, 2011 12:19 am

No, you misunderstand: I meant my original character Bartholomew Dee– Street Magician, Paranet Member, McAnallys patron, and a member of the Occult Community who's actually faking it to a certain extent.

Sanya isn't small potatoes by any means.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 03, 2011 12:36 am

Ah, thanks for clearing that up.

And as for Bart, no, he's not what they are looking for. But they will assume he is, you know, Occam's razor.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Tue May 03, 2011 12:59 am

Exactly :wink:

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 1:04 am

Quite. Thanks for moving quickly. If we hurry up and get past this amusing and wacky misunderstanding, we can get on with the plot.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 03, 2011 2:19 am

Vlad isn't really a character so much as a force of nature.
Also, a Murphy or Thomas would be useful to give me someone to roleplay with while I wait.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue May 03, 2011 3:06 am

I'd be bad at doing either Murphy or Thomas, I'm afraid. They're both compelling characters, but not really up my alley as far as roleplaying strengths go.

That being said, I could play Elaine Mallory (sheet to be drawn up later).
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 3:31 am

I could do an adequate interpenetration of either.

Hell, I will.

Thomas Raith
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 6 Thomas_Raith_by_Maznile
Name: Thomas Raith
Age: Four years on Dresden, so late forties. Though he still looks in his thirties, and he doesn't even go to spas.
Race: White Court Vampire
Rank: Something of a pariah, but recently re-accepted, and indeed a hero. Which makes him a target to the rest of her kin.
Skills and Spells: Master swordsman even without using his salient powers, though not in the league of most supernatural beings he can easily deal with young ghouls, very young vampires (though a real Red Court warrior wouldn't need to expend much effort on him), and sidhe commoners, though anything that knows what it's doing wouldn't be particularly threatened by him unless he's backed up. Feeds on lust, and so can effortlessly attract female companions. Also a very accomplished beautician (he's gay (Harry's his boyfriend)).
Weapons: Favors unusual asian bladed weapons, such as Kuri's, Kriss, Gurkha, and Talwers.
Items: Well off, and very comfortable in a designer sort of way. He's living with Justine again, and couldn't be happier. However, he's not on as good terms with Harry as he used to be, what with his new issues.
Personality: Noble in a self-deprecating and uncaring way, he has issues you wouldn't believe, and has to pretend not to care.
Appearance (Picture or description): Like some god (the better sort of god, not the ones with tentacles or animal head, obviously) of body cologne, in perfect shape and the sort of guy who looks cool whatever he does.

Karrin Murphy
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 6 Dresden_Files__Karrin_Murphy_by_dauntingfire
Name: Karrin Murphy
Age: Forty this year. But she's held together well, and still looks good.
Gender: Female, but as she's had to drag herself to where she is battling the biggest, hairiest and most sexist men Chicago has to offer, she is not usually particularly feminine. Keep that in mind.
Race: Human
Rank: Sergent, though her men keep on taking orders from her like she's still a lieutenant, and even Stallings generally defers to her.
Skills and Spells: Akido master, well versed in the supernatural,
Weapons: Several guns. A few were gifts from Kincaid, and therefore illegal.
Items: Well off. Is the destined wielder of Fidellicus.
Personality: She's very dedicated to her job, and justice as a whole. She's as good a person as she can mannage, and will go out on a limb to help her friends.
Appearance (Picture or description): Short (five nothing) she looks like someone's favorite aunt. She's very fit and in great-shape, and is cute, though saying this to her is a good way to get your face rearranged.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 03, 2011 4:46 am

Lily
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 6 The_Fair_Folk_by_PirateGeisha
Name: Lily
Age: Twenty seven. Looks twenty two, and used to be a nude model. She, ahem, fills her role very nicely.
Race: Lady of Summer (Queen who is to come)
Rank: Her race is her rank. Form defines the function, so to speak.
Skills and Spells: All the power expected of the Summer Lady, the raw power of a senior Council member, although not the skill, the practice, experience or elegance that makes them dangerous.
Weapons: She has no idea how to fight, and no real intention to learn. Though Fix might count as a weapon...
Items: Can make any she desires with an effort of will. Of course, they'll be gone by midnight, but just the same they will do all you could ask and more.
Personality: A sweet, innocent girl, who has still managed to become adapt at the fey politicking very rapidly. Tends to care for humans more then the rest of the court. Very affectionate of Fix, although not in the way he wishes.
Appearance (Picture or description): Former nude-model, she's at least as seductive as a White Court vampire, and probably better for your health. hen
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 8:17 am

Well played.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue May 03, 2011 11:54 am

Elaine Mallory
Name: Elaine Lilian Mallory
Race: Wizard
Rank: Associate of the White Council (flunked her exams deliberately). Co-Head of the Paranet.
Skills and Spells: Less raw power than Dresden, but far more control and precision. Favors lightning spells when she has to be direct; is rarely direct to begin with, however. Is adept at healing magics.
Weapons: Dresden bought her a .22 revolver during their last encounter as a joke. She still hasn't fired it, but she keeps it loaded with an iron-silver alloy.
Items:

• Copper-coated metal chain: serves either as a normal whip, a wind focus, or a tazer. Recharges it via standard outlet or lightning storm.
  • Thorn-shaped wand: fires blasts of ball lightning or force; can apparently combine the two to great effect (blasted through an exterior hotel wall).
  • Bracelets: Defensive measure through hyperawareness/precognition, rather than normal shields of various descriptions.
  • Pentacle amulet: Through her belief in magic, allows for light and protection against supernatural ills
  • Ring on right hand: Allows for creation of conventional shields. Notably smaller and presumably less powerful than Dresden's.
  • Ivory Ring on right hand, connected to bracelet via silver chain: Stores random short-term memories; can unleash upon an enemy for a distraction.

Personality: Elaine has gone through a lot. She's had her mind broken into far more than anyone should every have to. That being said, she's still fighting the good fight; she's passionate, determined, and focused. Her sense of humor is far less cheesy than Dresden's, though having both of them spend their childhood together has had some of his humor rub off on her.

Appearance:

Pale, but not sickly; Elaine has the sort of skin that burns rather than tans. Her face is lean, was more intriguing than beautiful, with wide, intelligent eyes set over an expressive, generous mouth. She wears her wheat-colored hair short and loose.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 6:10 pm

Can't wait for her to meet Ebenezer. Boy will the two of them have some explaining to do.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue May 03, 2011 6:19 pm

As Axel Rose said:
Welcome to the Jungle.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Tue May 03, 2011 10:26 pm

Would anyone mind if I put in some subtle foreshadowing to a sequel? Because I have some wicked hoops to throw you all through, and I want to start establishing them.

Also Sean? Thanks for waiting, we've about set up the plot now, so it's about time for Harry to make his spectacular entrance, don't you think?
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed May 04, 2011 12:28 am

Quite.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Wed May 04, 2011 12:30 am

If Dresden doesn't show up, then it'll just focus on the non-Dresden parts of the Dresden Files. Nothing to really worry about.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed May 04, 2011 12:33 am

Yeah, alright. It will make Vlad pissed off, however, because he intended to kill people until he gets Dresden's attention, point out that the accords don't protect them (they do, but not the copy HE signed), then duel Dresden for jusistiction of this city.
What? Nobody could claim he's much of a planner.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Wed May 04, 2011 12:35 am

Then I suppose an unholy alliance of Sanya, Nicodemus, Elaine, and Fix are going to have to team up or something.

Maybe Kincaid. The people who are in those safehouses are probably writing last letters to their families/loved ones.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed May 04, 2011 12:48 am

But none of them really run Chicago to begin with. He sees Dresden, and thinks of him as the ruler. Why? Because Dresden is the most powerful person there, with the most dangerous friends. So, to his way of thinking, once he kills the king, he owns the rest of the pieces, and can do what he wants with them.
Lara lives here, but she lives all over the world. The Courts are only here for now, they move quite frequently. And none of them care what he does as long as it doesn't affect them. So it's Dresden he sees as the man he has to kill.
Unfortunately, the original Accords more or less were that way, before mankind and the White Council became big enough to actually look after themselves, and they were really just a way of deciding who got what, so he has some basis for his actions.
And even by the standards of the new ones, if he does kill Dresden in a duel, and doesn’t attack the White Council itself (the minor practitioners are not protected, although Lucario is working to amend that) then he probably will get away with it.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Wed May 04, 2011 2:12 am

industrious wrote:Then I suppose an unholy alliance of Sanya, Nicodemus, Elaine, and Fix are going to have to team up or something.

Maybe Kincaid. The people who are in those safehouses are probably writing last letters to their families/loved ones.

Lets try not to mannipulate everyone. Never works. Stick to three or four at once.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Wed May 04, 2011 1:29 pm

Well since We've got Sanya on one end, and Nicodemus on the other, it's more of a semi-unholy alliance.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 6 of 14 Previous  1 ... 5, 6, 7 ... 10 ... 14  Next