Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
industrious
Cracklord
SeanHiruki
7 posters

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  industrious Wed Mar 23, 2011 6:06 pm

I thought the sudden changes, many of them massive in scale, certainly qualify as chaos.

And definitely. Both of them.

I've been considering how Nicodemus is going to enter in the picture, and I think I now know how. He's going to walk into Marcone's sanctum, knock on the door, and ask politely.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 2 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Cracklord Wed Mar 23, 2011 7:40 pm

And Marcone will cancel his appoitments, see him into his office, shut the door, and talk equally politely.

And no. Confusion and Chaos are different things. Chaos is when you are adrift, you have no connection to who you were before, and the entire world seems to suddenly be unsafe and dangerous. Your antagonist either doesn't make sense, or is simply an outside context problem, and you have no escape or any idea what to do.
Confusion is when everything changes all at once and you're left not sure of what to do anymore.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:09 pm

Cracklord wrote:
And no. Confusion and Chaos are different things. Chaos is when you are adrift, you have no connection to who you were before, and the entire world seems to suddenly be unsafe and dangerous. Your antagonist either doesn't make sense, or is simply an outside context problem, and you have no escape or any idea what to do.
Confusion is when everything changes all at once and you're left not sure of what to do anymore.

*shrugs*

Sorry about not playing in Kingdom Hearts, in any case. Finals week tore me to pieces.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed Mar 23, 2011 9:53 pm

It's cool. Only play if you feel like it.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Thu Mar 24, 2011 7:02 am

Nick is accepted.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

https://ratpackrp.rpg-board.net

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Fri Mar 25, 2011 6:16 pm

Sweet.

I don't know how many others will be interested in this game, though.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Tue Mar 29, 2011 11:54 am

So...is this going to happen?
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Tue Mar 29, 2011 7:11 pm

Hope so.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Warboss_Spriggs Fri Apr 01, 2011 1:45 pm

Name: Chloe Frostfall
Race: Fae (Winter Court)
Rank: None, however, she works as an Assassin for the Winter Court
Skills and Spells: Evocation (frost or cold based), Illusion, Abjuration, Conjuration (cold based), sword fighting, stealth, assassination skills
Weapons: Cold-forged silver Scimitar imbued with cold magic, cold-forged silver dagger imbued with Basilisk's blood.
Items: Cloak of Winter charmed with a chameleon spell as well as defense against fire based attacks.
Personality: Usually quiet and reserved, she's bitchy, argumentative and snarky when confronted or frustrated. She uses her beauty to charm women, any woman that she desires.
Bio (Optional):
Appearance (Picture or description): The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 2 Normal_Priscilla_Hernandez_Winter_fae_

----------------------------
Name: Countess Saundra Annag
Race: Vampire (Black Court)
Skills and Spells: Necromancy, Conjuration, Illusion, Abjuration, shape shifting, classical sword fighting, archery, marksmanship.
Weapons: A large collection gathered over centuries
Items: various magic items
Personality: Cold and cruel towards mortals, however, likes to seduce beautiful young women, most often virgins. Maintains an air of civility and elegance as often as possible and has a capacity for above-standard patience.
Bio (Optional):
Appearance (Picture or description): The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 2 10992
Warboss_Spriggs
Warboss_Spriggs

Aries Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Fri Apr 01, 2011 3:27 pm

Looks like Lara has competition...
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Fri Apr 01, 2011 11:32 pm

Perhaps some competition for Nicodemus...

Vladislav Tepes II

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 2 Vlad_tepes
Race: Dracula means 'son of Satan', and also means 'Son the Dragon'. This is very deliberate, because he's both. While he appears human most of the time, he's not even part human, he's half demon (nobody knows what sort, exactly, but presumably powerful enough to defy conventional genetics) and half dragon.
Rank: Heads his own organization of demonspawn, black magicians and his offspring that may eventually form their own, unique race, and is a registered member of the Unseelie Acords.
Skills and Spells: Blood magic, hellfire, enchantment (creates artifacts and the like), thaumaturgy, evocation, shape-shifting, superhuman stregnth and speed (he once broke a Loup-garu on his knee), his own salient powers, as well as a certain durability that makes all but the strongest hits unlikely to do more then slow him down for a while. Magic tends to just slide off him. As Ebenezer will vouch, he really is very hard to kill.
Note that despite his considerable power, he does not have much imagination, and tends to simply do the equivilent of smash things with the metaphysical equivilent of a big hammer.
Weapons: A broadsword called the Dragon's tooth, enchanted by him personally, and a howitzer he uses as a hand cannon (he carries it in his hands, and can fire it(!) despite the recoil).
But make no mistake, he doesn't need weapons, in fact, he's much more dangerous without them, because then he won't bother using human form.
Items: Has the wealth and influence to acquire almost anything he needs. He lives in a Eastern European castle.
Personality: Attempts to seem calm and rational, but has little real control over himself, and has a temper that leaves him roaring incoherently and smashing things with his fists. He thinks he's a lot smarter then he is, but he's powerful and long-term enough that he doesn't need to be a good planner.
He's a blunt instrument, not a mastermind, and he's only really dangerous when he's on the rampage. Considers himself royalty, and believes everyone else has an obligation to serve him. Tends to be manipulated by his more intelligent peers, and does not take failure well. Has grudges that have lasted centuries.
He's quite mad, and talks to himself, as well as the severed heads of his enemies he keeps in his basement.
Really hates vampires.
Bio (Optional): Born in about the most unholy union imaginable, he was a warlord, then a conqueror, who eventually killed the royal family and ruled Romania with an iron fist until the invading Turks caught him, chained him with chains of iron, silver and flowers to a wagon wheel, dragged him through the mud for three days and forced him to kiss the feet of their sultan to ensure he was well and truly humiliated. After that, they took his children as hostages, then sealed him beneath a church where they forgot about him. His son, returning a changed man, freed him, bested him, then tossed him from Romania and warned him never to come back, them went on to defy his heritage and do what he imagined was serving God. God didn't have any say in the matter.
Since then, Vlad II set up a barony in Austria, that he built in defiance of God. All the priests on his land were put to death, and the worship of Christ banned. He intends to destroy all that is holy, and pervert what is left into an image of himself. The White Council has tried to destroy him several times, but it never worked or came to anything.
He has built up a small group of half demons and spirits, weaker beings, who he keeps cowed with his power, and plans to use for this lofty goal. And while he certainly has flaunted the laws of magic and caused untold suffering and misery, he's far from achieving any great steps towards his lofty goal.
Five hundred years ago he raised an army of walking corpses and tried to conquer Europe, using necromancers he trained himself, but it didn't come to anything much. Also, he trained Kremmler, though the necromancer not only surpassed him but well and truly frightened him towards the end.

Been mentioned in the Dresden Files a few times, mostly by Ebenezer in terms of respect/fear. Vlad II wasn't half the man his son was, whatever Jim Butcher says, but here is my attempt to do what he wanted, and give the romanian sociopaths a big name other then the Impaler himself.
He's probably a sponsor or muscle for Nicodemus to manipulate.
And no, I do not know how a dragon and a demon would reproduce. Though I suspect it would give me nightmares.

Last edited by Cracklord on Mon Apr 04, 2011 1:03 am; edited 1 time in total
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:05 pm

I presume Nicodemus views him like a vicious, rabid dog. Useful, but very dangerous to its owner as well as his enemies.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:37 pm

Accepted.
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sat Apr 02, 2011 10:45 pm

Great. Lets start soon, alright?

And that's exactly the sort of relationship I expect them to have. Well spotted.

And yes, Vladislav is very dangerous in a fight, but that his one and only real power. Nicodemus is dangerous because he is smart, and anticipates things, and knows how to factor any number of situations into his plans. Marcone is dangerous because he's smart and can have you killed by any number of agencies, and you're never really safe from him, and is good at making connections to people who cover his own limitations. And Lara is dangerous because when other people see situations and problems, she sees opportunity, and turns it to her advantage.

Where as Vladislav is only dangerous because he can crush your head in his fist. You'll see him coming a mile away, he's not really very complex.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Sat Apr 02, 2011 11:53 pm

You forgot a very powerful understanding on how human beings work. Which, really, is the basis for most of his ability to plan and anticipate. He already has Dresden (almost) entirely figured out by Small Favor; he played Dresden like a fiddle until the end, where a) he misjudged Harry's ability to contain his anger and b) didn't know that Dresden had done the impossible and banished Lash's shadow.

I've already got several plans and schemes lined up for Nicodemus. Revenge on Murphy, for one.

Also, A link to the Words of God on jim-butcher.com. http://www.jimbutcheronline.com/bb/index.php/topic,21772.msg947681.html#msg947681
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun Apr 03, 2011 9:37 pm

Well. That's the badguys done. So can we start, or do you need people to play Thomas, Murphy and the rest?
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Sun Apr 03, 2011 11:33 pm

Nicodemus is not a bad guy.

Let me rephrase, since that lie could break psychic paper. Nicodemus is not the bad guy of the Dresden Files. He is perfectly capable of seeing Dresden as an ally against a common foe (the Black Council).
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon Apr 04, 2011 12:27 am

Granted and agreed, but rather then use the Black Council the game will be better if we subtly hint to it's existence, and sugest they might be moving behind the scenes. Then if we get a sequal, we can include them in slightly more detail.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:18 am

Is Sean the GM for this game, or is he just playing Dresden?
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:33 am

Based on previous games I've played with him, he tends to focus on his own characters. So unless he wants to cover all the NPC's, I guess I will or something.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon Apr 04, 2011 2:47 am

...you know what? I think I can handle GMing this game. I have an excellent idea for it.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:02 am

Sweet. Can't wait.

So can we start soon then?
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:34 am

I'm just waiting on Sean to approve; then I'll start.

I should warn people in advance that I might not be starting everybody at once; I've got an introduction for everybody, but some of them (Marcone's in particular) are staggered.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon Apr 04, 2011 11:49 am

That'll be fine.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  SeanHiruki Mon Apr 04, 2011 4:10 pm

Guess Crack is the DM now. Just kidding. Sorry this is taking so long, guys. It'll take me awhile to post the OP
SeanHiruki
SeanHiruki
Admin
Admin

Cancer Snake

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 14 Previous  1, 2, 3 ... 8 ... 14  Next