Rat Pack RPs
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

+3
industrious
Cracklord
SeanHiruki
7 posters

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next

Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  Cracklord Sun May 08, 2011 11:50 pm

Alright. It's time then for Vlad to do his thing.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 9 Empty Re: The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow

Post  industrious Sun May 08, 2011 11:51 pm

Just remember that Luccio, like all wizards, has a Death Curse. And she's a pretty strong, smart old lady.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Sun May 08, 2011 11:54 pm

Oh absolutely. Remember, I want Vlad on a downward spiral. I want him to lose everything. And the deathcurse of a powerful wizard will be a fine start.
See? I make my characters with plans to kill them inherit in them.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 09, 2011 12:20 am

Dear God that was narmful. But frankly, Deidre is really quite childish, despite her age. I suspect that's what Nicodemus wanted in his daughter.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 09, 2011 12:27 am

Oh God Yes. Sanya's going to do his best to redeem her, but I'm not that optimistic about it.

Of course, Deirdre could play it smart, "pull a Cassius", and be out of there in a few minutes flat.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 09, 2011 12:30 am

Hypothetically.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 09, 2011 12:36 am

And then she'd lose her defence against Fix.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 09, 2011 12:36 am

But more likely to walk out alive.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 09, 2011 12:40 am

You forget what Nicodemus has tried to do in the past.

“Give the coin to a child?”

“A child who couldn’t defend himself. Who could be raised with the voice of a Fallen angel whispering in his ear. Shaping him. Preparing him to be used as a weapon against his own family. Imagine it.”

Why would he treat Deidre any differently than he attempted with Harry Carpenter?
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 am

Just realized something. Murphy knows Nicodemus. On sight.

And Nicodemus isn't using any glamor or make up or anything.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 09, 2011 12:41 am

Well, he does seem to like her. It's scary when incest with your daughter is your most human characteristic, but there you go.

As for getting out... Maybe. Marcone's famed for his humane and charitable nature, afterall.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  AnimeKid Mon May 09, 2011 8:09 am

Okay then for now I will just start with Sartorius and probably pop in another character later to play on the heros side. So Cracklord could you write and introduction for him?
AnimeKid
AnimeKid

Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 09, 2011 1:54 pm

"Heroes" side, really. The Side of the Slightly Less Evil, The Amoral, Smartly Evil, and Sanya. Very Happy
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 09, 2011 4:43 pm

Heh. Why is it that Sanya's always the shining beacon of Niceness amidst a Ka-Tet of Anti-Heroes and the like?

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  draxx Mon May 09, 2011 6:15 pm

Maybe the universe is trying to tell him something.

Get better friends.
draxx
draxx

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Mon May 09, 2011 7:35 pm

Watsonian: He's a Knight of the Cross. Subconsciously, he wants to redeem all the anti-heroes.

Doylesian: You like playing Sanya and we like playing anti-heroes.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 09, 2011 8:11 pm

Wow...I feel like I've learned something!!!! Smile

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 09, 2011 8:25 pm

We could throw in Determinism, Objectivism, Solipsism and Fallibilism too, if we wanted.

Determinism: Cause and effect: Sanya is bound by causality in such a way that it is all determined by prior events.

Objectivism: Nah, this really doesn't work for an agnostic knight of the cross.

Fallibism: He secretly desires to be converted and renounce his just ways, hence his acquaintances.

Solipsism: As the whole thing could be a hallucination (for instance) he cannot really say it exists, and so his companions don't matter.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Wed May 11, 2011 3:25 pm

I'd frankly say Sanya is real big on 'Redemption': the crowning highlight of his storyline in Twilight IV was giving a pep talk to the Angel of Dust himself and convincing him to not be as angry.

I've got a few ideas about how Sanya can, at the very least, nudge Deirdre into some character development.

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  AnimeKid Wed May 11, 2011 7:53 pm

Umm Cracklord where should I take Sartorius from here? I don't know where the nearest plot point or important character is. Oh if you need it the location of the club it's somewhere in Chicago. Unless you need it to be somewhere else.
AnimeKid
AnimeKid

Sagittarius Rooster

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Wed May 11, 2011 8:58 pm

... Good question. But if you really want to get in on this game, might I suggest you take charge yourself a bit. If you wnat I'll throw something your way.
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  industrious Thu May 12, 2011 4:26 pm

...damn it.

I just realized what Nicodemus should have thrown. A normal denarius; non-magical, but still pretty ancient; they run about 80 bucks depending on the quality and age.

Oh well. At least Murphy didn't get a good look at the nickel.
industrious
industrious

Libra Monkey

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Thu May 12, 2011 9:08 pm

Heh. I think I myself might have some ancient roman coins at home: part of an old 'Archaelogy kit'.

But anyway, Cracklord, I was hoping to ask: how's your fanfic transcription coming?

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Cracklord Mon May 16, 2011 9:57 pm

Due to be updated today, actually. If you like it, review. Very Happy

As for this game, would anyone mind if I worked in some fanon of my own? I mean I already have with Vlad, obviously, but I was thinking...
THE CELESTIAL BEUACRACY!
(I'm irritated by many things in the more recent aspect of the Dresden Files, as you know. One of them is far too much god damned western stuff, all this incredibly irritating provincial stuff, Mab is comparable to 'archangels and lesser gods' Summer Knight (page 269) and yet Lea can apparently take out six at a time, Dresden is now considered to be Batman with magic powers, and too much focus on what's already established. But one thing recently established that I do like is the idea that each of the Swords of the Cross have a guardian angel from which they draw their power (established (near enough, anyway) when Murphy and Susan suddenly gain powers from holding the swords, and then an angel litterally takes over Murphy).
And then I had an inspiration. Rather then make Sanya's guardian spirit a Christian Angel, I was thinking he deserves a metaphysical guardian more suited to his personality, disposition and stance. As well as throwing the whole God issue up for grabs again, which is something I quite liked about Michael's original characterization.
God might exist, he might not, he might not be God, but it has to be done. And so, if Colesign approves, a gaze does indeed stare down from heaven over the champion of hope. Just a different part of heaven then he might have guessed...)

As to 'how do I play him', well I don't have a clue either. But when we get to a situation where Sanya's guardian angel plays a part, you cna bet I'll have figured something out.

Guan Yu/Guan Shengdi
The Dresden Files: Caught in the Undertow - Page 9 GuanYu1
A servant of order, Guan Yu was a warrior dedicated to virtue and upholding honor and righteousness. Such was his moral qualities and might, that he was made immortal, a guardian spirit for those who served others with their strength and souls, and for those who truly work for the forces of justice. Unlike Mars, Saith Michael (Karrin Murphy, Michael Carpenter), Bishamonten (Shiro) or Týr, his fellow guardians of warriors, Guan, as a god, does not necessarily bless those who go to battle but rather people who observe the code of brotherhood and righteousness, those who serve others with their strength rather then just themselves.

Name: Guan Sheng Di Jun
Age: He was born in the year 160, and died in 220. Since his death he has worked tirelessly to uphold the same things he upheld in death.
Gender: Was male when alive, and so generally appears this way, though strictly speaking he no longer has a gender.
Race: An immortal spirit preserved past death.
Rank: Is a Bodhivista by Buddhist standards, and Taoism considers him a god. This is not the case, he is a guardian spirit.
Skills and Spells: In life he was amongst the greatest warriors ever to walk the earth, and has lost none of his skill and power in death. When his chosen champion calls upon him, he gladly bequeaths his skill and experience to Sanya, making it seem as though the warrior has suddenly acquired supernatural powers.
He has enlightenment, can answer almost any question, and his dedication to virtue means he and his chosen champion cannot be affected by mind effecting abilities of any description.
He has some skill with magic, using the salient powers granted to him as a powerful spirit, but does not use these often, simply because he is more comfortable as a warrior then a spirit.
He can also arrange fate to ensure things proceed as they are meant to.
Weapons: The Guan dao, which he invented, and has mastered beyond the abilities of any mortal to live since. His personal weapon is named Qīnglóng Yǎnyuèdā. He also knows how to use many other weapons less intrinsically tied to him.
Items: As a spirit being, he has no possessions as such, although given his rank in the celestial bureaucracy he has a civilization to manage roughly the size of Africa, full of minor spirits and departed souls, and within it can call into being anything he desires. He rarely is to be found within, however, preferring to do what he can in the mortal world through his chosen champion.
Personality: Warm and eager is his spirit, and swift his wrath, but he is not a being to hold grudges or to lose hope. He is not proud, and seeks neither power nor praise, but believes totally and wholeheartedly in justice and virtue. Normally calm and benign, he stands with an air of noble dignity and has respectful manners, even to his enemies.
Appearance (Picture or description): He is not a man so much as a sculptors idea of what a man should look like. He stood at approximately three meters, and had a long, silky black beard, well kept and groomed, two feet long at least. His face is wise and kindly, and his eyes were like that of a phoenix's. All in all, he has a dignified aura and looked quite majestic, tall and powerful yet somehow humble and even gentle.

Last edited by Cracklord on Mon May 16, 2011 11:42 pm; edited 1 time in total
Cracklord
Cracklord

Cancer Goat

Back to top Go down

Post  Colesign Mon May 16, 2011 11:28 pm

I don't mind at all, Cracklord: A Taoist/Buddhist guru would be very interesting for Sanya to run into.

Plus, Taoism isn't quite a religion, which falls in line with Sanya's agnostic sensibilities.

In your latest in-character post, were you referring to B. Dee or Ebenezer?

Colesign

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 9 of 14 Previous  1 ... 6 ... 8, 9, 10 ... 14  Next